Mansefield is a Category B listed former Georgian Manse.
The original house was built in 1718 and faced the road. Today this comprises the middle, harled section of the current house. A further wing, to the rear of this, was added in 1820 with 2 later additions in Victorian times.
The adjacent Alford West Church was built between 1804 and 1826 and contains several locally important gravestones including those of early botanist John Duncan and poet Charles Murray.
The house and church mark the site of the original village of Alford, which relocated to its current position with the arrival of the railway in Victorian times.


The garden at Mansefield extends to 3.5 acres and is bounded on 2 sides by the Leochel Burn. The garden has been under development for the past 6 years and opened for the first time under Scotland's Gardens Scheme in June 2009.
The walled garden was the initial project and has involved the removal of Leylandii, other trees and a redcurrant hedge. Numerous paths have been created along with new herbaceous borders. The central pergola was added 2 years ago.
Extensive clearing and felling has taken place in the garden grounds.
Woodland walks and Rhododendron beds have been created along with the planting of many new trees.